The Journal of Palestine Ahliya University for Studies and Researches (JPAUSR) is a quarterly, refereed scientific journal published in both Arabic and English within the fields of natural, applied, humanitarian, and social sciences. JPAUSR is concerned with reviewing original research and presenting it to experienced arbitrators according to the scientific principles followed. The paper submitted to JPAUSR is required to be subject to the conditions of research and publication, and the papers that might be accepted for publication should include original research papers that present complete findings, as well as reviews of previous studies and specific topics. The editorial board of JPAUSR will have to confirm whether these papers are comprehensive and publishable. Reports and case studies are also welcome for publication in JPAUSR. All researchers should adhere to the following:
- The paper submitted to the journal must not be submitted for publication in another journal during the period of publication or review and before the issuance of its rejection by the journal. A commitment is made by the researcher to do so.
- The researcher must submit an electronic copy of the research, taking into account the technical specifications followed by the journal.
- If the research is funded by some party, the correspondent author must explain this and submit a document issued by the supporting authority addressed to the editor-in-chief of JPAUSR stating that the authority does not object to publishing the research.
- The research is subject to confidential review according to the scientific principles followed. The editorial board of JPAUSR decides to accept the research for publication in the journal after it passes through the journal's review procedures.
- The researcher must agree to transfer the copyrights to the JPAUSR. And in the event that the journal wishes to re-publish the research or part of it, the journal must obtain the researcher's approval.
- The research published in the JPAUSR expresses the opinions of its authors and the validity of the information published does not represent the policy of Palestine Ahliya University (PAU) or the opinions of the editorial board of the journal.
- The order of research in the journal is subject to technical considerations.
- The researcher who decides to withdraw his / her paper after being subject to review, as well as the researcher who does not respond to the required amendments within the period specified by the editorial board in accordance with the regulations in force at PAU, is fined the sums paid to reviewing.
- The JPAUSR provides the researcher with one free copy of the issue in which the article was published, and in the event that the correspondent author requests more than one copy, he / she has to pay the value specified by the editorial board of the journal.
- The research will be submitted for publication only after the approval of all the participating authors. Thus, the correspondent author must attach a pledge to that when submitting the research for publication. In the attached undertaking, the first, median, and surnames of the authors, their academic ranks, addresses, affiliations and emails, all should be provided clearly.
Instructions of Processing Research for Publication
- The research paper submitted to JPAUSR should be printed using Word (2007-2010), according to the form in the publishing instructions, provided that the number of its words with references does not exceed (7500) words, with the exception of figures, drawings, appendices and tables, in addition to (150) words for the abstract. The spacing between lines is arranged at a distance of (1.5) cm, leaving a blank line between each of the two paragraphs, and it is sent to the journal system on PAU's website www.-----.edu.ps. Hard copies of the research are not accepted.
- The margins from all directions should be (2.5) cm for research written in Arabic, and printed on the computer in a (Simplified Arabic) font, size (12), provided that the text is in a (single column format).
- Paper title, written in Simplified Arabic (size 14), must be accurate and expressive of the research content.
- Authors' names and Affiliations have to be written in Simplified Arabic (size 14).
- Section and subsection titles have to be written in bold type (Simplified Arabic), size 14, leaving two blank lines between the research title and the names of the researchers, leaving the same distance between the researchers ’affiliations and the abstract.
- The abstract has to be provided in both Arabic and English (whether the research is written in Arabic or in English. Provided that the abstract written in the language of the research is first inserted and no more than (150) words for the abstract from each language and is included at the beginning of the research after the title and the names and addresses of the researchers. The keywords have also to be provided in both language post the abstract.
- If acronyms and / or abbreviations are used, an international system must be followed, provided that it has to be written in full structures when it is used for first time or at the beginning of the paragraph / sentence.
- Reducing the marginal notes on the research pages, and giving them special symbols such as the asterisk (*), for example, have to be considered.
- When the research is accepted for publication, the researcher or the correspondent author (on behalf of others) signs that the research publication rights revert to PAU.
- If the research paper has some images or shapes, they have to be inserted into the text in a (JPG) format.
This paper has to be presented separately from the research paper. It must contain the title and the sub-title used in the paper as well as the names of researchers and their details (name, name of the institution, postal address, e-mail, phone number and fax number if any). Attached to this paper is a recommendation letter that includes any support for the research and the funding party or parties (if any).
Abstract (Abstract): It should be written in both Arabic and English –regardless of the search language, provided that the abstract written in the language of the research is presented on the abstract written in the other language. Both the research abstract and the keywords should roughly contain no more than (150). It is important to note that this research generic move should not contain any abbreviations, notes, or additional references following the same order of the research paper.
Keywords(Keywords)They have to be inserted immediately after the abstract.
Introduction: It contains definitions and information that helps in displaying the importance of the topic and justifying the conduct of the study. Among this information is statistics on the extent of the problem in the community in which the study is to be conducted.
Research methodologyThis section should contain sufficient details related to conducting the research and meeting ethical concerns. The process of obtaining ethical approval must be obtained –according to the samples used, such as case studies carried out on humans or experiments carried out on animals, from specialized human and environmental associations protecting both humans and animals, for instance.
FindingsThis section contains the results of the study, explained in a precise manner and language, supported by the necessary drawings, shapes and equations.
DiscussionThis section contains a discussion of the results compared to the published research in the chapter on reviewing previous studies; it clarifies any differences or similarities between the current study and what was previously published in order to clearly define as well as testify the hypothesis of the study.
Conclusions and implications: If any, this final section contains one or more sentences that present the results of the research and whether there are any applications for the research.
Citations and references
Research papers are often classified as follows:
A. Applied research: The researcher gives an introduction that begins with presenting the nature of the research, its significance, its justifications and its variables including previous studies in a compact form without assigning a subtitle to it. Then he / she moves to state the research problem, assign objectives, raise the research questions or hypotheses. Next, the research methodology is presented, including: the research community, its sample, tools, and procedures, including how to analyze its data. The results of the research are presented and discussed, and finally the recommendations emanating from them. A list of references is finally placed at the end of the research, following the method of documentation suggested by the journal.
B. Theoretical research: The researcher gives an introduction in which it paves the way to the central idea discussed in the paper, indicating in it the research literature, its importance, and its contribution to his field. Then he presents his research methodology, and then divides the research into sections on a degree of interconnectedness among them, so that in each of them he presents a specific idea that forms part of the central idea of the research. Then the researcher concludes with a comprehensive summary including the most important findings of the research. The list of references is placed at the end of the research, following the method of documentation suggested by the journal.
The documentation method adopted in the JPAUSR is that of the American Psychological Association System, Sixth Edition: (APA - 6th Ed.)
(American Psychological Association – APA – 6th ED)
The researcher makes sure that his / her language is correct, and that it is free of grammatical and spelling mistakes.
The researcher is obligated to translate or document the articles published in the Arabic periodicals included in the Arabic reference list:
(by maintaining it in the Arabic reference list), according to the following system:
A. If the article details published in the Arabic language shown in the reference list (including the name or names of the authors, the title of the article, and the journal details) are provided in English language in the journal in which it was published, then it is written as it is in the reference list with the addition of the word (in Arabic) in parentheses after the journal title.
B. If the details of the article published in the Arabic language is not present in the English language in the original of the periodical in which it was published, the name (s) of the authors shall be Romanized i.e. converted into Latin letters. Then it follows the title of the article if it is available in the English language in the original of the article. If it is not available, then it is translated into the English language, then it follows the name of the journal in which the article was published in English if it was written in it. If it was not written in it then it will be translated into English. Then the phrase (in Arabic) should be added in parentheses after the title of the journal.
(in Arabic) in parentheses after the title of the journal.
C. A list of Arabic references is placed immediately after the body, arranged alphabetically according to the last name of the first author, according to the method of documentation approved in the journal.
D. Following the list of Arabic references is a list of English references, including Arabic references that have been translated or Romanized, according to
their alphabetical order (in English) according to the last name of the first author, according to the documentation method adopted in the journal.
The following is an example of Romanization of Arabic reference details:
الجبر، سليمان.(1991م). تقويم طرق تدريس الجغرافيا ومدى اختلافها باختلاف خبرات المدرسين وجنسياتهم وتخصصاتهم فـي المرحلة المتوسطة بالمملكة العربية السعودية. مجلة جامعة الملك سعود ــ العلوم التربوية، 3(1)، 143 – 170.
Al-jabr, S.(1991). The Evaluation of geography instruction and the variety of its teaching concerning the experience, nationality, and the field of study in intermediate schools in Saudi Arabia (in Arabic). Journal of King Saud University-Educational Sciences, 3(1), 143-170.
15. The principal investigator/correspondent author submits a pledge signed by him / her stating that the research was not previously published, that has not been submitted for publication, and that will not be submitted for publication in another journal until the review and publication procedures are completed in the journal.
• When the research paper is accepted for publication, all copyrights devolve to JPAUSR. Consequently, it is not permissible to publish it in any other magazine or bookshop on paper or electronically without a written permission letter issued by the editor-in-chief of JPAUSR.
• The opinions given in the published research paper express the viewpoint of the researchers only; they do not necessarily reflect JPAUSR’s policies, conviction and beliefs.
• The editorial board of JPAUSR has the right to set priorities for publishing research.
• Research is submitted electronically through the following link: -------
• The editor-in-chief of JPAUSR reserves the right to accept or reject the research, regardless of the recommendations of the reviewers.